This is such an important step in the process of releasing a pattern and I couldn’t do it without you. Here you’ll get an idea of what I’m looking for in a knitter and how each test knit will go.
Test knitters who complete the test on time and meet the requirements below will receive the final version of the pattern, plus an additional pattern of their choice from my pattern store. Both will be gifted to the tester’s Ravelry library. Plus, you’ll get the chance to join in a little KAL that is fun with a small, great group of peeps.
Unless a test is specifically marked as private, PLEASE post photos of your progress and show off your finished objects on social media and here on Ravelry. Most patterns will have a specific hashtag to use otherwise feel free to use #FuzzyLoveKnotsDesigns and #FiberFormula. I always love seeing your lovely projects!
Joining a Test
To join in a test please reach out via email or using the contact page with the following info: your email address, if you plan to be be working from charted or written directions, and a little bit about yourself. I may have put out a call for knitters another way (the podcast, Instagram, or Ravelry) so the number of testers needed may vary. Please don’t submit yourself for a test if you can not meet the knitter requirements below.
- You must be able to complete the test by the finish date.
- You must be able to knit the pattern without modification outside the pattern guidelines.
- Unless specifically stated, feel free to substitute yarn as long as you meet gauge and it is an appropriate choice for the pattern.
- You must feel comfortable giving feedback on the design construction, verbiage, pattern format, etc.
- You must actively participate in the test thread on Ravelry or on the Slack channel with progress updates and have FUN! I want to know how the knit is going for you.
- Skill level is usually not an issue! If you would like to knit the pattern, but you feel like it might be a challenge for you, try it out and learn something new! We have a great group and we all help each other out.
- Fill out the questionnaire.
- Create a project page on Ravelry linking it to the pattern.
All test knitters will need to create a project page including, pictures, complete details on your finished objects, and a little about the knit, linking it to the pattern page once the pattern is published. How much you choose to journal is up to you!
If you have any questions please, PLEASE reach out and ask!